Girl Scout Camps - Florida
19931 State Road 31, Ft. Meyers, FL
Camp For All
Lake Talquin, 1600 Julow Rd., Tallahassee, FL
Dedicated Dec. 6, 1975
119 North Celia Lane
510 Florida Boulevard, Neptune Beach, FL
"Home in the woods"
5673 NW Scout Lane, Arcadia, FL
Beatrice the Butterfly is for the Environmental Program at
Celia Lane Little House.
Note the "G" & "S" on the fireplace!
11300 SW 162nd St., Miami Lakes, FL (no longer there)
11347 SW 160th St, Miami, FL (current)
Chowenwaw Program Center
"Camp of the Little Sisters"
1517 Ball Road, Green Cove Springs, FL
July 1, 1933 - Dec 5 2005
Now a county park
Granada Blvd., Coral Gables, FL
The Big Cabin
There is an effort underway to have this
recognized as a historical place.
As it is today
Property was donated to the local Girl Scouts by Wayne and Dorothy
Thomas. Dorothy was a local Girl Scout board member and died soon
after the camp was named for her.
They also purchased 1,500 acres of land in Standing Indian, NC for
the Florida Girl Scouts.
A Lou Henry Hoover Wildlife Sanctuary
Building is a designated historical landmark.
Camp Deer Lake
Deer Lake Camp
Ocala National Forest
Camp Eleanor Lewis
Girl Scout Camp at Magnolia Beach, behind Point Royal, FL
Named after Eleanor Watson Lewis, devoted Girl Scout
Collage of Camp Dorothy Thomas patches
And an update below!
Miss Elizabeth "Sammy" Sampson's 78th birthday
was celebrated at Camp Dorothy Thomas in 1980.
16 miles north of Tampa
Land donated by Mrs. Maude Fowler
Girl Scout Camp at Fort Pierce Community Center Campsite
Fort Pierce, FL
"Home on the River"
4825 51st St, Bradenton, FL
11004 Hudson Ave, Hudson, FL
Lou Henry Hoover Memorial Sanctuary (1993)
Camp Isabella Ingraham
Naval Live Oak Reservation, FL
Named for Isabella Ingraham (1890-1934), noted Girl Scout who's camp
name was "Inky"
1920s era - 1971
Annual Fundraiser for Camp Honi Hanta
Orange Springs, FL
Officially dedicated Oct. 13, 1963
Named in memory of Kathryn Harms, Council President
Named after Tom Kegan
Local Girl Scouts did not renew lease with campsite in 1985.
A Florida Anthropology report that included Camp Isabella
2546 Girl Scout Road, DeFuniak
Officially dedicated Oct. 8, 1972
First resident camp 1973
9950 Old Cutler Rd. Coral Gables, FL
Mah-Kah-Wee Program Center
1700 S. County Rd 419, Oviedo, FL
Property donated by Howard & Peggy Rybolt
Camp Margery Daniel
Camp Shaumahatchee (1928)
Loxahatchee River, West Palm Beach, FL
Property was donated to local Girl Scouts in 1928, (2.5 acres)
Named after the daughter of Mrs. Margery Daniel Durant Cooper,
When new property became available through the state, the camp moved
and was renamed Camp Welaka
Mary Prince Program Center
2728 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL
Nocatee means "What Is It?"
4009 Flaghole Road,. Clewiston, FL
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
1st GS camp in the county
Crescent Lake, FL
Grotto of Seminole Springs
6501 Holmberg Rd, Parkland, FL
near Barberville, FL
Opened mid-1950s - sold 1982
First resident camp 1961
Airport Rd, Naples, FL
Home of the "Tinkle House of the August Moon"
Named after Mrs. Alice Timberlake and Mrs. Marguerite Ford
The property was leased from the city for $1 a year. In 1975 the
city raised it's rate to $500 a year. Although the Girl Scouts got a
waiver for the next year or so, I can't find any news about the camp
Camp Wai Lani
500 Wai Lani Road, Palm Harbor, FL
Opened October 1970
"Chain of Lakes"
Jonathan Dickinson State Park
First camp 1958
The local GS council's first camp was Shumahatchee (1928, destroyed
by hurricane), then on the same location Camp Margery Daniels. When
a better site opened up nearby the camp moved and was renamed Welaka.
34200 Overseas Hwy, Big Pine Key, FL
near Wildwood, FL
Withlacoochee Wilderness Camp
Withlachoochee State Forest, near Brooksville, FL
Real Estate photo
Fort Walton, FL